Resources For Participants
Find out more about how the Exercise Treatment Program can benefit you and your health.
Are you eligible for the Exercise Treatment Program?
Are you aged 60 or over?
Or are you Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander aged 45 or over?
Are you at risk of developing or have a chronic health condition?
Do you reside in Tasmania?
Exercise Treatment Program – What You Should Expect?
The Exercise Treatment Program is a free group exercise service for older residents of Tasmania. It aims to promote health and fitness through structured, professional guidance.
The Exercise Treatment Program is characterized by:
- 14 weeks in length – including an initial and final assessment and 12 weekly exercise and education sessions.
- Various locations scattered across NW Tasmania – minimizing travel distance for participants.
- Face-to-face sessions with our amazing coaches.
- Completely free participation.
- Sessions run by qualified health professionals such as Physiotherapists and Accredited Exercise Physiologists.
- North West
- Burnie LGA
- Central Coast LGA
- Circular Head LGA
- Devonport LGA
- Kentish LGA
- King Island LGA
- Latrobe LGA
- Wynyard-Waratah LGA
- West Coast LGA
- Brighton LGA
- Clarence LGA
- Sorell LGA
*LGA means Local Government Area